The bold spice rub works well with rich-flavored salmon and would also be good on pork. Serve with delicate angel hair pasta or mashed potatoes.
- 4 servings (serving size: 1 fish fillet and about 1/2 cup relish)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup prechopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Combine first 6 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dried thyme; rub evenly over fish. Place fish on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, cucumber, and remaining ingredients; serve with fish.